Welcome!

Hello, welcome and thanks for visiting my website!

Today is a sunny day in the City of Glasgow! It is approaching summer again and it reminds me of what a strange, rare, wonderful year it has been. Since Little, Brown decided to publish my debut it has been a whirlwind of a time and I will admit to being apprehensive but excited about what will happen next.

It is a wonderful privilege to get the chance to share the characters who so intrigued me with their lives during the year that it took me to write the book. While I was writing the novel I was working pretty hard and also travelling to far-flung places with some regularity.

I didn’t really have time to write a novel but I was driven to do so. I just loved, and was haunted by, these characters. I can only hope that they will intrigue you too. I am so grateful for your interest and very much look forward to your comments.

This entry was posted in From the author. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Welcome!

1. Mavis McCormick says:

I have just finished reading The Guilty One and I just wanted to say it is one of the best, most interesting books I have ever read. One I will definitely keep on my bookshelf to be read again.
    Thank you.

• admin says:

Dear Mavis
      Thank you so much for reading and thanks for your comment and sorry for the delay in replying. I am so glad you enjoyed and hopefully you will enjoy Redemption Road out in 2015.
      Best wishes
      Lisa Ballantyne

2. Jacky Holtham-Dix says:

What a stunning book. Written with such emotional sensitivity and such wonderful characterisation – I loved it, even if it moved me to tears more than once!

Thank you for a lovely, thought provoking read.

• admin says:

Dear Jacky
      I am so glad that you enjoyed the book. Thank you for reading and thank you for commenting and I am sorry to reply so late.
      I am very grateful to you.
      Best wishes
      Lisa

3. Betty Morris says:

I have finished reading ‘The Guilty One’ this morning, and have immediately accessed this website in the hope of discovering news of your next book. Please put on some speed, Lisa, I’m 75 and can’t wait too long! (by the way 5+*)

• admin says:

Dear Betty
      Your message made me laugh. I am sorry for the delay in replying to you, and in getting another book for you to read. My new book Redemption Road will be out in 2015 and hope that you enjoy.
      I am very grateful for your comment and for reading.
      Best wishes
      Lisa

4. marilyn r bradley says:

6-3-13

What a wonderful book. The Guilty One was so fascinating I forgot to cook meals, do the
    laundry and cleaning. I hated to come to the last page as I wanted to keep reading it for a
    few more days. Keep on writing!!!

5. marilyn r bradley says:

6-3-13 WOW – what a wonderful book and writer you are. It held my interest from 1st to
    the last page. In fact, I was disappointed when I came to the last page as I
    wanted to read more. I hope your next book is as good. You are gifted!!

• admin says:

Dear Marilyn
      Many thanks for reading and for your kind comment. I am sorry for the delay in replying. The new book Redemption Road is out in 2015 and I can only hope that you enjoy it too.
      best wishes
      Lisa

6. S McDonald says:

I really enjoyed The Guilty One, and was looking forward to another book by Lisa Ballantyne, which I think was mentioned in the back of The Guilty One. Any idea or news on this? thanks.

• admin says:

Dear Sherrie
      Many thanks for reading and for your kind comment. Redemption Road is out in 2015, so look out for it.
      Best wishes
      Lisa

7. angela walsh says:

Great Book! Very sensitively written and thought provoking. I thought the characterizations of Minnie and Sebastian outstanding. Look forward to your next novel.

• admin says:

Dear Angela
      Many thanks for reading and for your kind comment. I am so glad you enjoyed. New book out in 2015.
      Best wishes
      Lisa

8. Anne says:

Just finished your book and would like to tell you that I could not put it down until I turned the last page. I get my books at the library and I am always looking for new writers as I read 3 or 4 books a week. Since this is your first novel, and I can’t get anything else written by you, I am looking forward to your next page turning book. Lots of luck and hard work on your book. Thanks for the enjoyment that you gave me.

• admin says:

Dear Anne. Many thanks for reading and for your kind comments. Yes, The Guilty One was my first published novel. I have a new book called Redemption Road out in 2015. Thank you very much for your support and for taking the time to comment.
      Lisa

9. Kaye Taylor says:

So enjoyed your debut book. Captivating! The title is so apropos to the book and life in general. How can I be notified when your next book is published?

• admin says:

Hi Kaye. Thank you so much for reading and for your kind comment. The new book is out in the UK in July 2015 (e book in January). Look out for Redemption Road. Thank you for your support. Lisa