Reading Group Discussion Points
- How do the two strands of the story complement each other? Do they work together successfully?
- Who is your favourite character and why?
- Do you think Minnie was right to do what she did?
- Can you discuss Daniel’s resentment towards Minnie?
- How well does the story explore the subject of foster care and/or children in the criminal justice system?
- What connections can you draw between the adult and the child Daniel?
- Can you comment on the way in which the story explores the relationship between mothers and sons/adults and children?
- Before the big reveal at the end, did you believe Sebastian to be guilty or innocent?
- What have you taken away from the story? What do you think it is trying to say?
Download a PDF copy of the questions